Sunday, June 9, 2013

Today another good meet, good weather, and more dirt.

The day started off looking a little gloomy with overcast skies and sprinkles. Forecast was for sunny skies and high’s around 65. The leg of todays journey was to take the BC Ferry to the Vancouver Island. First perk of the day was being told to go the front of the line because you’re driving a motorcycle. Standing at the front of the line were more than just me, but about 5 or 6 bikes. So what do you think, Harley’s or BMW’s? In Alaska, British Columbia and here on the island, I think the BMW out number all other brands. I should have taken pictures from the boat of the views and all that stuff, but I had company.

SAM_3646

I want you to meet Jag. I did not catch his last name and unless I wrote it down, I would likely forget it. Jag is the proud owner of a BMW R1200-R and was very interested in my setup and wanted information. So we went topside to the coffee area and Jag bought me a cup of coffee and then he started to pick my brain about the bike. He also wants to take a long range journey to Alaska. Well we chatted about everything motorcycle to family. He introduce me to his young soccer playing son and a few others in his family. The hour and half ride went by so fast, that my camera didn’t leave my pocket until it was time to saddle up and get off the boat. Lot’s of nice people out there people, so reach out and speak to them. You never know who you might meet.

 

r1200-2

r1200gsa-1Remember the fellow I meet that had been on the road since 2006? Jeffrey Polnaja sent me an email today from Whitehorse with a couple of pictures that he took of me sitting on the side of the road. Remember I pulled over to make sure that he was ok and if he need any tools or whatever. He is resting in Whitehorse a few days and then he is off to Prudhoe Bay. What an incredible journey he is on.

Ride for Peace !

 

 

SAM_3655

I’m not going to bore you with all my riding details today but I did see this little sign and it was right. Tight and narrow and no traffic. It was fun until it turned to dirt. This particular dirt road was graded at a very strange angle. It was graded at the same angle that the mountain was slanted and there was a lot of lose gravel. I had to stop and lower pressure again and it didn’t help much. I just took it easy and rode the 70-80 miles of dirt until it turned back to hard surface.

 

 

SAM_3648

While riding back in the middle of nowhere I saw this old GMC bus sitting in someone’s front yard. I did a u-turn to get the shot and now I want to know if anyone knows the year? I have no clue.

 

 

 

The day was built for my riding and not much pictures taking but I did get a few good shots. Tomorrow, maybe I will be a better camera boy while tracking further northwest on the island.

Pictures of the Day

2 comments:

  1. 1953 Bus, here's the link, not sure if it's the same place or not, but looks similar, you would know since you drove by. http://www.oldbus.us/1953-gmc-cabover-bus/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the link Doug and I think your right. It is a very cool looking bus in person.

    ReplyDelete