Friday, June 14, 2013

June 24, 2013 planned route, Day 38

So here I am, the last day of my adventure as I see it and then the 3 day sprint back to Virginia. The plan today is to pickup Debbie Fanatia and give her a ride on the R1200GSA to the highest Asphalt road in the united States. The hard surface road peaks out at 14,240 feet on top of Mt.Evans. I have made the climb in a SUV and on a motorcycle and I will tell you if you scared of heights, this will make your stomach tighten a bit. The last 4 to 5 miles the road narrows and there are no guard rails. It gives the appearance that you could roll off the edge and roll, roll, forever. After we accomplish this mission, then the plan is to ride up through Rocky mountain National Park and  hope that the road is open. I have tried twice before to ride completely through the park only to be stopped by snow. If we make it through the park, then we will just ride the countryside until we end up back her home. Lunch and Dinner will be on her to research and figure out since she is the local. Today’s run should be very relaxing and my second round robin of this trip. Planned mileage for today is 282 miles.

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard

2728 Zuni Street

Denver, CO 80211

855-271-3622

image

No comments:

Post a Comment