Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14th Ride Report–I had some guest at the end of the day

I’ve got to make this ride report short and sweet, because it is late and I have to get up and ride a full leg tomorrow.

SAM_3900I rode a lot today on highway 101 through Washington State but I also had to take a few other roads to accomplish the ride. The one road that stood out was HWY 112 in the northern part of the state and it was tight and twisty. I enjoyed this road a lot. As far as weather goes, I would say 95% of my ride was 100% overcast but mostly dry. I did have a few showers to drive through but not enough to put rain gloves on.

When I pulled in Astoria the skies parted and nothing but clear skies greeted me. It was almost as the border between Washington and Oregon was the same as the clouds versus no clouds. Once in Astoria I had to wash cloths. Ugh, and this is still not that last time. It’s part of the trip, so it has to get done.

What are the odds that I laid out a trip over the past 2 years that would last 6 weeks and 16,500 miles and would meet up with someone I work with on the other side of the country? Slim! Tonight when I came rolling into town, I got a txt from Chris Lloyd saying, “it looks like you’re in town.” Yep, I am. Eventually Chris came to my hotel, picked me up, and we went to dinner with his wife, Stephanie and their 2 kids.

 IMG_1394IMG_1395IMG_1406

We chatted and laughed for at least 2 to 3 hours and then it was time for all to part ways. It was fun and I appreciate them inviting me out to dinner. Did we talk about work? Hmm, I’m not sure work came up at all until right at the end of the dinner when Chris said more retirement posters were going up. You guys enjoy the rest of your vacation in Seattle.

One last note. Today I got a txt from the Texas that I might in Anchorage letting me know he made home safely. He wanted to know where I was and how I was doing. Attached was a photo he took of our two bikes. He had just exited the dirt roads heading to Prudhoe bay and I was just getting ready to enter. Also, lot’s of cool shots in the pictures of the day. Tomorrow should be the prettiest part of the Pacific Coast highway driving though Oregon.

IMG_1386

Pictures of the Day. 

1 comment:

  1. How nice to run into friendly faces across the country!

    ReplyDelete