Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tooks us 9 days, but we are in Key West

We are here and we are none worse for wear. Yea it would have been nice if it hadn't been so hot the last 3 days, but here in the Keys not so bad. It's a different kind of place to say the least. When you come, do not have great expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised with the laid back atmosphere we have seen so far. There's a lot of Scooters to and I mean a lot. The other thing you want to keep in mind is that parking down here is a commodity. So be prepared to walk, which we did, or rent a bike, scooter, or a electric car which looked kind of neat. Either way, pick your lodging close to what you want to see and your set.

I picked Eden House and I'm very pleased with our choice. Do you want to see the live webcams of the Pool and Jacuzzi?

http://74.255.222.35:8003/view/index.shtml

http://74.255.222.35:8004/view/index.shtml

Lori and I tried both tonight and they felt great after a warm day riding and walking around in the heat. The link for the Eden House is tied to name above, so you can click that to see other information. It has a tropical layout and all the people that run the place seem to want to help you with anything you want. I will have to recommend the place to all.

Tomorrow we go nowhere. We will walk around and let Lori shop the shops and see what sights there are to see. In the evening, we are taking Steve Gruto's advice, made reservations at 6:15 at Latitudes restaurant to have dinner and to see the sunset.

Total mileage on the bike will be an estimate tonight because I forgot to get it off the bike. I will correct tomorrow morning if required. Pictures, Lori took about 28 or 29 shots from all points of view. So enjoy. I wish I had time to put a description on all of them, but that will have to wait. I will also sort through the video I took today and post the best I got as soon as possible. Till tomorrow enjoy.

Today’s mileage =  115
Total for the trip = 2299


No comments:

Post a Comment