Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 8 and we are well done.....ssssss

First of note, make sure you scroll down to yesterday's entry to see the video that I finally got uploaded.

We are in Key Largo and we only have about 100 miles to go until we reach Key West, are ultimate destination. After today's ride we are starting to feel we need a couple of days of downtime to recover from the heat. It only reached 95 in places, but it felt like 110 when sitting stop dead in traffic in full gear. Poor ole Lori after 8 hours of riding needed a little help getting off the bike and she was not going to get back this day. Tomorrow morning after a night of rest I'm sure we will be recharged and ready to roll. Besides, we only have 100 to go!!!

Lori and I both want to know what some of these people do for a living. The houses, boats, and cars that we saw today running through Palm Beach were just incredible. I'm hoping all of Lori's pictures came out, because I have not reviewed them as I type this message. Either way, we saw one boat that had to be 100 feet long and it had a dingy loaded on the upper deck with a crane to lower it to the water and the dingy had a 250 hp motor and the boat was at least 19 to 20 feet long. The name of the main boat was Octopussy.

Once we bailed off of A1A around Miami, we got caught up in the go home traffic and it wasn't pretty. I would say that it ranked right up there with Washington DC without a doubt. We finally broke free of the majority of the traffic around Homestead Fl, and rode Route 1 into Key Largo. My first impressions is that is not all that, but I did not really have time to look around and will not take much time to do it tomorrow either. I plan on hitting the bridges to Key West as soon as possible so I will have more time down there. I will say that the water really started to turn that beautiful Carribean Blue around Palm Beach and Fort  Lauderdale.

Today’s mileage =  240
Total for the trip = 2184





Day 9 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:GPS Geotagging

1 comment: