Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 4 peaceful and plesant


During a conversation with my younger son in the last few days he joking said that he was going to raid my house and plunder all the remaining food in the house. I told him to watch out for the 500 pound Gorilla and today I actually ran across one that's even larger. So Daniel, watch it, there is a new guard on the premises. Daniel also gave us the news that Thursday, May 7th, he may be flying to Afghanistan. Not to sure what I think about that.

All you FAA guys and gals reading this blog, make sure that you find Bob Alicudo in Bay 1 and tell him that I have a special picture for him on the blog. You can click this PICTURE or click the picture link at the end of this article. For everyone else out there, it is a joke that Bob likes to claim that I blind him with my white legs and socks.

Today's ride was relaxing because we had no time table to reach a point, so we took our time getting going and took our time riding. I knew were heading toward the Gulf Coast and I knew the weather was suppose to be sunny and a bit cooler. What I didn't know was that I was going to be riding through so many horse farms. They're apparently a big thing around here and there is even a Triple Crown Winner, "Affirmed" from 1978 that was breed along this route in Marion County. If your into bird watching there is 22,000 acres here setup and reserve here just for that. Nice riding, but flat and not to many corners. There is a Duh statement if I ever heard one.

The highlight of today's riding had to be the middle point when we reached Cedar Key on the Gulf Coast. It is small, quaint, and charming with it's very odd color combination's and rustic feel. We past one house where the driveway to the house was nothing but a pier 8' off the water and the house was built on a very small piece of land that required no grass cutting or planting of plants. There wasn't much in the way of eateries open, but the one we choose was good. We sat with a window view of the Gulf and the was food good and reasonably priced to boot. You will have to checkout the pictures to see what I'm telling you next, but there I was all alone in the bathroom and there was this writing on the wall. I busted out laughing because it describes men perfectly. I was glad I was alone so I could take a picture and not feel weird in the process.

Ok, since there is not much to chat about on the ride today, it is time to share another Husband and Wife moment and what happens when you've been together to long. To long meaning you can say anything and you know everything. So here we go, the headsets were temporary disconnected with each other because the Garmin GPS was given me instructions, so Lori and I could'nt speak. After the GPS was done and I knew it would not interupt anytime soon, I manually connected to Lori and before I could say something to confirm to her that we are connected, she says, "Hello". A simple statement but one that raised my curiosity and also got me in trouble. I asked a simple question, "So how did you know we were connected before I said anything to you"? Well she started rambling for like 2 minutes and one of the last things she said was,"it is sort of like static." Then Mark says,"You mean like the static that I've been listen to for the last 2 minutes?" I mean in less than 1 second I hear smack on the back of my helmet. That wasn't nice! What did I say that was wrong? I was just confirming the static!! Ok, I've been known to throw a zinger a two.

Today’s mileage =  223
Total for the trip = 1170



Day 4 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:GPS Geotagging

1 comment:

  1. I told Bob he needs to stop by. Hope his eyes can take it...

    ReplyDelete