Sunday, May 10, 2009

Eating, shopping, eating, resting, eating

Ok, I think you get the jest of what we did Day 10 of this trip. We just  relaxed did a little walking to see the things we wanted to see. The buildings and the layout is unique to this place, but I'm sure that someone more traveled than myself might say it resembles someplace they experienced. I could do a week down here just checking everything out, but that is not my plan, so tomorrow morning we hit the road. For the first time we will be pointing due north with the intention of working back toward Stephens City. We still gotta lot of traveling and miles togo, so Fort Myers here we come.

My plan is hit the EverGlades tomorrow, but with 375 miles to lay down, I might have to cut that out if the heat starts to work on us. I can cut that leg out and save 100 miles, but it just depends on the type of roads, and heat that is forcasted. Fort Myers is also going to be our first location where we might actually have to do laundry. Ugh, but with a 14 day supply of cloths, it is not going to be an option.

Video, I promised Mark Sarrison some video of the water on the bridges but I was not to happy with what I shot, so tomorrow I mount the camera to Lori's helmet and it should be good. The height of the Bridge rails and my previous camera mount, the water was mostly blocked from view.

We hate to leave, but first thing in the morning we will be north bound. Enjoy the pictures.





Day 11 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:GPS Geotagging

2 comments:

  1. hey, the pics have been great. that water is just incredible. let's see, i think JetBlue has $80 round trips.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking maybe this winter that Lori and I will just come down here for the weekend when it is freezing cold in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete