Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 14 Easy day

Today we basically moved our camp from Fort Myers to Lakeland Florida in a nice and easy drive. It was a Interstate drive and we hit no rain, but the heat by the time we reached Lakeland was reaching 95 degrees. Once here we grabbed a quick lunch, then found me some windshield cleaner at the local Honda shop, and scooted over to the Hotel. At the hotel we finished up the laundry and we are hoping that will get us home. We also took a quick dip in the pool, then retired to our room for a little rest before dinner.

This is where things got a little interesting. I was hoping we could ride out for dinner then drive over and catch a Minor League baseball game. Well mother nature had different thoughts, thunderstorms came rolling in right at decision time. Before I knew it, I walking down the street in my rain suit to get dinner and bring it back to the hotel. Seems PRINCESS didn't want to get her hair wet and frizzy, since she just showered and got all pretty. Lord have mercy! The things I do! That's ok, we had a quiet evening with no worries.

Tomorrow we will scoot around on Mad Map Tour and one thing we will see is Solomon's Castle, click the link because it will describe it better than I can. Maybe after I see it tomorrow, I will be better suit to describe it.

Today’s mileage =  177
Total for the trip = 3339

Day 15 at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:GPS Geotagging

No comments:

Post a Comment