Saturday, May 7, 2011

The first leg of our trip and I’m ready!!

This afternoon I pulled the Valkyrie out of the garage and connected the trailer, so now she is ready. I unloaded all the saddle bags and trunk and only put back what we needed for the trip. This time I packed a rear spare tire into the trailer as well as tools to allow me to do an oil change and a small repair job if something broke or breaks. I also placed my two, two gallon containers into the trailer and now all it needs is baggage. My bag, less toiletries, is packed an in the trailer. All my gadgets are charged and ready to go, I just have to bag them up and throw them in the trailer. Tomorrows weather from here to Chattanooga, TN. looks good and we should have a nice day to ride. All that is left is to get a good nights rest and get my wife and all her fluff in the trailer. That in itself will be a major accomplishment.

We leave Thursday morning, May 12th and our first leg will be 519 miles from Stephens City, Va. to Chattanooga, Tn.. This leg is only intended to get us moving in the direction of our real entry point of this trip, Houston Tx.. I have no plans to see anything but Interstate.

Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 9.52.57 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment