Thursday, May 5, 2011

One more week!

Today was another test day for a few items and I re-trimmed of my Windshield. Like I said in the last post, I was just not happy with the height, even after I cut it and today, I trimmed another 1 7/8 inches off. After taking the Valkyrie for ride, I think I got where I want it. Not sure how Lori will like it because she might be taking a bit more wind with that last cut down on the shield. Once again, thanks to the video below, the cut an finish turned out fantastic.

 


This is how I did it, but it is not me in the video.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While I was out riding I also did a test of my new headset connected via bluetooth with my Garmin GPS and that all worked perfectly. This headset also has a built radio which makes it nice when I’m riding the BMW that has no radio on it at all. The last thing I did was to test the portable gas containers while bouncing down the road to make sure they do not leak. Loaded them into the side bags of the F650GS Dakar dual sport and went bouncing through the woods and they passed the test. These containers are used by Rescue Squads, Police, an Fire for many different uses. These containers are called Rotopax and they’re a little bit expensive but they are suppose to be leak proof in all kinds of conditions.

Tomorrow I will finish up with lubing the trailer joints and I think that I’m done. I told Lori today that I can’t think of nothing to be checked, tested, or bought. We are ready for launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment