Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 12–work and rest

Today was a down day as far as riding goes and Lori and I spent part of the day working our assigned duties and the rest of the day shopping and resting. I left Lori at the hotel around 10am to start picking up all the items that I needed to do an oil change and hookup Lori’s Gerbing suit.

BMW K 1600 GT First stop was San Diego BMW and I found my next Motorcycle. I went there to get the electrical hookups for Lori’s suit and spent at least 15 minutes talking to them about the new 1600GTL. What a pretty piece of machinery this was. They wanted me to take it for a test ride, but I declined because if I did that, I would buy it. Once the trailer company, Bushtec designs a hitch for this bike and some other company designs armrest for Lori so she doesn’t fall off the bike when sleeping, I will buy one. Yes, if you didn’t know this you do now, Lori sleeps on the motorcycle as we are riding down the road.

SAM_0643Next I went to Fun Bike Center where all the Honda’s are sold and picked up 4 quarts of Oil and a filter. They had the new Goldwing on the floor and I do not like it at all with the new bag change in the rear. From here I drove to Autozone and purchased a oil pan, a couple of rags, an a funnel and I did the change in the parking lot in about 15 minutes. SAM_0645I took the old oil back into the store and poured it into their recycle center and left the pan for anyone who wanted it. Then I drove back to our hotel to do the last of my duties and that was to wire Lori’s heated suit connection permanent to bike so it can never be forgotten again. So I disassemble the seat, moved the radio out of the way, and hooked the new wires directly to the battery post. Did a quick test to she if all was working and then re-assembled the bike. So now if we encounter any more cold or snow, Princess will have a heated suit. And all is well !!

Lori and I both finished up our jobs about the same time, so we caught a quick lunch and then I took her shopping for a new purse. Seems the zipper broke beyond repair and we had to have a new one. So we are now ready to resume the trip and we will turn north tomorrow.

Tomorrows ride should be cool reaching a high of 65 degrees and sunny the entire ride. I plan to ride up the Pacific Coast highway, cruise through Hollywood, and end up in San Luis Obispo. I been told by some locals that parts of the road is closed and I will be re-routed but I cannot find that information to pin point it, so I will just ride and take it as it comes.

Tomorrows route is pictured below:

Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 8.35.58 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment