Wednesday, May 8, 2013

She’s ready, best I can tell.

Okie Dokie, I think I have gone over this a few hundred times and I think I’m ready for my May 18th departure date. Tonight I put the finally touches on the motorcycle. All the fluids have been changed and the one thing that I checked because something in my mind just said, take a peek, was the drive shaft. Not a trace of grease that I could see on the shaft anywhere, so I did a little research and put some Honda Moly 60 on there. See the pictures below that show a dry shaft.

IMG_1267IMG_1268

Last Saturday while I was in the process of changing some of the fluids and checking and replacing the air filter, I got a little package in the mail. I didn’t order anything thing so I had no clue what I was about to see. Inside that package was a Gremlin bell sent to me by an old friend that retired recently and we still ride motorcycle together now and then. Funny thing was I was considering buying one for myself but as the legend goes, it has twice the power if it purchased by a friend and given as a gift. Thank you Gary Mace and it was installed on the BMW immediately.

IMG_1264

Now that you have seen the pictures above did you catch the oversight? I know at least one of you will see it because I saw it as soon as I posted the pictures. Hehe, so busy doing the obvious that I overlooked the simple.

So tomorrow I will start riding the motorcycle to work daily to make sure that nothing I have done to the bike recently falls off and needs repair. Friday, I will likely take a short road trip and camp for the night just to workout the logistics of all the cloths, tools, tires, and equipment that I have decided to drag 16,500 miles around the United States and Canada.

This is the basic look of the bike with 90% of the load onboard. Handles very well in case you are wondering.

IMG_1242

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I guess you're getting anxious to set out. You need one of these - http://www.inreachdelorme.com/product-info/inreachse.php?promotion=9992

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very anxious as each day clicks off. My wife made me buy a similar device that you will be able track me via this link when I'mon the move.
    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0zsZQJqLDrymKMJeyAZgCsY5gt4H6Hi4g

    ReplyDelete