Saturday, May 11, 2013

What did you pack???

SAM_2472I thought it would be cool to spread everything that I packed on the motorcycle and spread it out all over the driveway and take some pictures. There is a lot of crap sitting down there and it all fits. I packed and unpacked twice today alone to make sure that I knew where everything was and if I could put it all back quickly. Sometimes I amaze myself at some of the things that I do and when I staring at all that stuff it finally hit me that I’m actually going to pull this thing off.

I told Lori today that I was ready for departure. There is nothing that I can think to get done and even if there was, I do not think there is enough time to order it and install it. Mentally I’m ready, physically it will take me a few days to get my riding butt broken in. I reviewed my first 4 days of my California trip because I remembered that I sprinted to get to where I considered the beginning of my trip and I did 1,981 miles in 4 days. That’s pretty damn close to 500 and day with the wife. When I leave for Alaska, my first 4 days will be 1743 solo, so I think I will be ok. After those 4 days, I will be racking up some miles until I reach Tok, Alaska. The next 6 days I will lay down 3016 miles, which is right at 500 miles a day.

All total, I will be on the road for 6 weeks, 42 days, and will lay down a minimum of 16,500 miles as it is laid out. Here we go!

Pictures of my bike packed and unpacked.

1 comment: