Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Didn’t see that one coming! :)

Today after work when I walked out and into the parking lot, I was greeted by a little send off surprised. No, I ‘m not leaving today, Thursday, or Friday, but Saturday, May 18th. Only us controllers understand that sometimes we have to do what we have to do because we all work different schedules. Some have Friday & Saturday off, while others have Monday – Tuesday, or Saturday – Sunday, but we make do because that is what is required.

So today, an individual that has Thursday – Friday off decided that they would take the opportunity to give me a proper send off because they would not see me again until July 1st. It was pretty cool and I really did appreciate it. No harm was done to my ride and it was all done in fun and I loved it. Those that know me, know that if you can make someone smile, if only for a moment, it was worth the effort. Well it worked because their work made me smile. The signed sendoff that was left in my tank bag was also pretty cool. I think that I will take that send off note with me as I travel to Alaska and back.

Below are the pictures I took of the BMW sitting in the parking lot at work. I also included the note. If you are wondering if I rode said bike in that condition home, the answer is no. Didn’t want to be a litter bug. It was also decided today that someone was making the trip with me. Do you see her in the picture? I don’t think she’ll put me over the weight limit.

Thanks to all that signed the card and to all those that wished well in my travels. Thanks OW, well played!!

IMG_1276

IMG_1277IMG_1280

IMG_1278IMG_1279

No comments:

Post a Comment