Sunday, March 17, 2013

June 1, 2013 planned route, Day 15

Fairbanks, AK. to Coldfoot, AK 255 miles for a total of 6150 miles. This will be the first leg of two to the top of Alaska and depending on road conditions and weather, I may actually make the entire run in one day. The entire run is 509 miles and from what I read on the Internet if it raining like Hell, Cats & Dogs, and or in buckets, then this road will be no fun whatsoever. If it happens to be sunny and the road dry, I should be able to make very good time with this particular motorcycle with dirt bike tires. Since I will be so far from home and services, I will not be taking to many chances that I see above my normal riding skills.

This particular road that I will be traveling has quite the history and it’s name is, The Dalton Highway. Here is another link that gives a few more details about the Dalton.

Slate Creek Inn Coldfoot Camp

P.O. Box 81512
Coldfoot, AK 99708

I can stay in the motel for one night $199 or camp for free. Camping with a shower cost $14. Hehe, I find this funny.

Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 7.58.04 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment