Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Milestone kinda

This has absolutely nothing to do with our trip or motorcycles, but to me it is still something pretty cool. My 1997 ES300 Lexus just rolled over on 260,000 miles. The old girl is starting to show her age a bit with rock chips all over the frontend and clearcoat peeling on the roof, but mechanically she is good. I still get 28 mpg on the Highway and 24 in the city. She burns no oil, but once in awhile she will leak a drop or two. Transmission is still running strong even though at times around 40 mph the overdrive feels just a little shaky. Interior, no rips or tears and she still very comfortable to ride long distances. The only problem I have is, I'm starting to research what to replace her with and I can find nothing that appeals to me at all. I guess I will just keep running her.


No comments:

Post a Comment