Monday, April 13, 2009

Details

I think that I have finally gotten all maintenance done on the Valkyrie and my new trailer. You would think with the word New, I would not have to do any maintenance, but the fact is the trailer is new to me, but is a used 2005 trailer. I do not know for sure that anything was ever done to maintain the working components of the trailer.

I took the wheels off and checked the bearing to make sure they're running smooth and true as the manual stated. I then greased the axle and put her back together. Next was the tongue to make sure that it's components were greased and operating properly. I did have to take the swivel apart, clean, and put it back together because there was a little play that did not belong.

The last thing was to grease the sway bars but I did not have the proper lube. I placed this on order and it should arrive no later than this Wednesday. To finish my work detail off,  I gave the trailer a dry bath and threw a coat of wax on her. Things are looking good. If the forcasted weather holds for this up coming weekend, Lori and I will have to take an overnight trip somewhere in Virginia and then swing by Fredericksburg Va, for the BMW Motorcycle open house at Morton's. Always fun to look at new bikes and gear, even if your not in a buying mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment