Friday, April 10, 2009

1st Test run short & sweet

Today we finally got out and did a 100 mile run with the Valkyrie and trailer to test everything together. The Valkyrie handled the trailer very nicely. No binding or un-necessary feedback through the hitch. Once we were out for awhile and I started to get the feel of the extra load on the bike, I was able to take the corners at a much brisker pace than in the beginning of the ride. By the end of the run, I was able to corner as hard as normal to the point were my pegs were scraping the road. I like to know my limitations and these little runs help me with that.

The Garmin Bluetooth connection with the phone and headsets were just a little disappointing. The bluetooth connection between the headsets, between Lori and I, were perfect. Something that I learned today was that once you set your own personal volume setting, as your ambient noise from the wind and bike start to increase, the headsets adjust for that automatically. I could hear Lori and she me and I got no feedback while not talking. This is good. My old J&M headsets would always feedback road noise or radio noise through the headset to the point I would have to cut them off after sometime of annoying noise.

What was disappointing was the Phone and GPS directions never came through the headset. Apparently, today the Garmin GPS could find the phone but not the headset. Once I got home and read the manual again, that was no help either. What I found out on my own though was that inside of one of the menu option items, that the GPS had turn off the Headset even though it was synced. I turned it back on and everything started working again. So I will need to test this on another day.

I promised some pictures of the new trailer and today I took some. I will also include some of the new horn, GPS mounted, cup holder, and new windshield.

Horn
Horn 2
Floorboard
Bike & Trailer
Bike & Trailer 2
Bike & Trailer 3
Bike & Trailer 3
GPS & Cupholder

No comments:

Post a Comment