Thursday, May 31, 2012

Were are Home, safe.

meWe pulled back into Stephens City yesterday around 4:30pm after a long boring day riding on the Interstates for 485 miles worth. We covered a lot of miles in 13 days, saw a lot of stuff, and had some really fun experiences. 3385 miles pulling our little trailer everywhere we went and we averaged 32.67 mpg. Not to great, but for a bike that normally gets between 36-38 without a trailer, not to bad.

The only clichés we had for the trip was of course the start when I had a tooth decide that it didn’t want to go. I’ve never really had any major teeth problems and yes a I have a cavity or two, but to have Root Canal was like what? Not me! Then there was the U-turn on a 13% grade pulling a trailer and with passenger and I didn’t throttle, Clutch, and drag rear brake correctly and down we went. I never said I was perfect but at least it was slow speed affair. I will find me a place near home to practice this turn on a steep grade and perfect.

We did a little house slant land hunting in the Rocky Mount and Boones Mill Virginia and we want to go back on a weekend trip and get a better feel for what is in the area to do to hold our interest. She likes to shop and exercise and I like to ride motorcycles and play racquetball. I would also maybe like to take up golf again and see if I can play this dumb game. Either way, we liked the general location because of it’s location to Roanoke, Charlottesville, and Smith Mountain Lake.

We really enjoyed our visit with Lisa and Gary Mace and really appreciate them letting us stay in their home for the night. Thanks for the stay and thanks for riding with us for the 2 days we were in your area. We will be back to visit again. Also, have a safe journey across the country we your family dragging that rig with you. It will be a trip your boys will remember forever. Those folks at work that know Gary can track his trip here, even if it’s just for the pictures.

As for Lori and I next trip. that will actually be in September and we planning on flying overseas somewhere. The exact location and what we want to see is still undecided. I’m thinking we fly into London and take multiple trains from there to Paris and then into Italy. Till then, have a great summer.

1 comment:

  1. Good food, great roads, old friends and new, and a willing companion. What could be better? Sounds like you had a terrific trip (again!), except for snakes and a tip-over. I'm still jealous.
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete