Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 1 of our Vacation. Damn!

Well to say today sucked is putting it lightly. I thought I felt it coming on Wednesday when I was on my way to work. Then this morning at 4am it said, “Hello, I’m just a little tooth and I’m here to take you down.” Tooth 1, me 0. So I called the Dentist and they took me in right away. Bad news, we have no idea what’s up with little tooth. Tooth 2, me 0. So they made me an appointment at 2:15pm at an Endodontist. So they ran several test and they decide the tooth was still in good shape and they were not sure if it was a sinus thing or the tooth. Tooth 3, me 0. They did a few more test and then they laid out all my options. Well after a lot of information and consideration, I decide to let them drill the tooth. The fear of the procedure was worse than the actual procedure itself. I felt nothing. So the Doc said once she got in there to see what was going on, the tooth was dying and there was pus starting to build and I was lucky that I got in there when I did.

So here I sit at home, recovering and planning to leave tomorrow morning unless my now dead tooth comes back to life to pain me. Tooth 3, me 1.

For you entertainment, here is a video of an actual root canal. I watched it before I left to get mine done. Go ahead watch it. It’s like a car wreck, you gotta look.

No comments:

Post a Comment