Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 9 Decided to come home

After watching the weather channel and the local weather channel in Pigeon Forge, any hope of having a nice scenic alternate ride home went out the window. Sure enough when when awoke this morning we were greeted by rain. Not real heavy, but it was steady. So we packed our bags and just decided to make a Interstate 81 run for home. I knew by the forecast once I got the Bristol that I should be clear of rain. Just as forecast, we broke out about 10 to 15 miles south of Bristol and never saw another rain drop.

The further north we pushed, the hotter it got. Once we arrived in the Staunton Virginia area, I pulled off for gas and to drop all the rain gear. Ah, much better. From Staunton to Stephens City, we got caught in a nice draft of cars and was home in no time.

We had a great time on the trip and below you will find picture links for all the days that I could not upload the entire days pictures. I will also try to put the videos up as well. So keep checking back to see the videos as I get them edited and uploaded.


Almost forgot to mention, the total mileage for this trip was only 2217 miles. Just a baby trip














No comments:

Post a Comment