Saturday, April 9, 2011

Month left till go time.

Time is flying and before you know it, we will be on the road. This week I took Ms. Lori over to the Yamaha shop to try on a small riding jacket but before we purchase this one, we will wait until the medium comes in just to make sure. Also I backed the Valkyrie off of the trailer so I can start riding it back and forth to work to make sure all is good to go. Well to my surprise, the battery was fully charged but had a short inside and would “NOT” start that big Flat 6, 1500cc motor. Also of note and a decision maker is the front tire has a small air leak, so where I was leaning of changing tires in California, I will now put on a new set before I leave and worry about the last 2000 miles on the way home. I will likely just carry my rear tire with me and use it as a spare.

My reserve fuel tanks are here so Lori is at peace as far as distance that I will be able to cover. With those tanks, I should be able to cover 350 miles on one leg. I also ordered a new tire gauge that is special in that it allows air to pass through it as I pump air into the tires.

The only thing that I have on my list to do, it lubricate the joints on my trailer and check lights. Come on may 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment