Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 4-5 now in Pigeon Forge

We made the drive from Charleston SC to Pigeon Forge TN yesterday and now we are here to play and relax a little bit. Oh, did I mention shop? Yes, shop. That’s Lori’s definition of relaxation is to shop and my definition of, of, never mind, I stay in trouble enough as it is. Either way she got all her shopping out of the way and then we were off to play.

We signed up to do a little ATV riding just outside of Pigeon Forge. I made the mistake on signing up on the 11 mile ride that included rookies. Next time, I signup for the advance class. Either way, I drove and Lori rode along with me and we crawled up mountain to a elevation of about 2400 feet. It was pretty but on a scale to 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest for a good adrenaline rush, I’d give it a 1. Lori had fun, so I guess we are good.

After our little ATV run, we drove over to the Apple Farmhouse Restaurant so Lori could do some more shopping, yes shopping, and then have a 5 course dinner. This is by far one of the best restaurants that I have eaten at in the Pigeon Forge area. The Apple fritters and Apple butter are to die for. The funny thing is, I really do not care for apple butter, but their stuff is good stuff. Lori and I left this place in pain because there was just to much food.

The final thing that we did for the day was to go see a local show. The Grand Majestic Theatre to hear singers sing songs from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and beyond. The show was good, not fantastic, but good and I would recommend it.

Tomorrow we head out of Pigeon Forge and make our way over to Gary and Lisa Mace’s for a cookout. We will be staying with the Mace’s one night and then start making our way back to Stephens City. I might actually get Lori to look at another possible retirement spot, but we will see how that goes when the time comes. This is all for today and enjoy the few pictures I have from the ATV ride.

Pictures of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment